11 March 2009

Campus

I apologize for my dismal updating this past week. It should have been a great time to catch up on different aspects of life in Botswana, but I blame the heat for my laziness. That or I am picking up the African ability to spend hours doing nothing and enjoy it. While I have a couple more substantial blogs coming up answering your questions, I thought I would share a few pictures of campus and the surroundings for your enjoyment. You may be wondering where the students are. I took these pictures early in the morning and in the evening, when campus is literally empty. Someday I'll be touristy enough to pull out the camera during the day. No worries. Cheers!

A sunset over the sparse Gaborone skyline
A view of the student center, with our dorms right behind the clock tower.

The UB Library, one of the most complete in all of Africa. The small buildings in front are normal classroom buildings.

A typical undergraduate dorm, with the ubiquitous red and white color schemeThe "Graduate Village" as Block 417 is so affectionately known. This is what I call home here at UB. Each suite consists of six singles, a shower, a toilet, and a combined kitchen/common area. It's a better set-up than most of us have at our American universities, believe it or not.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment